The 2011 New Hampshire Economic Review reports that New Hampshire ranks 10th in Competitiveness among the 50 states. Tenth isn’t good enough. Too many of our neighbors are unemployed or underemployed, and too many must drive out-of-state for a job. Improving New Hampshire’s business friendly environment is my top priority.
Representative Laura Jones will:
- continue to work to create a more favorable business climate which includes low taxes, low energy costs, low health insurance costs, and fewer regulations.
- continue to support right-to-work legislation in order to encourage businesses to relocate to New Hampshire.
- continue to work with our business community to draft policies that help them create jobs.
- support legislation to reduce the Business Profits Tax so that we are more competitive with Massachusetts as a business destination.
- support legislation to eliminate the Business Enterprise Tax for companies operating at a loss.
- support legislation to reduce the Rooms & Meals Tax, or institute Rooms & Meals Tax-Free Holidays to encourage tourism.
- support legislation prohibiting any agency from creating any tax, fee, fine, penalty or assessment without a vote of the General Court.
- support legislation enacting the recommendations of the Commission to Study Business Regulations in New Hampshire.
Representative Laura Jones has been endorsed by:
- The National Federation Of Independent Business